Drinking “weight loss tea” is beneficial for human health. Most teas have catechins (disease-fighting nutrients) that exist naturally in the fresh leaves of the tea plant, it contains antioxidants and polyphenols that protect cells from damage, inflammation and reduces the risk of heart disease. It fights against belly fat too. Catechins can boost your metabolism and help your body in breaking down fats more quickly so that your body loses weight faster. Therefore, tea has become one of the significant fashionable beverages around the world. They drink tea not only for enjoyment, but they also drink tea not only for quenching their thrust, but they also drink it for reducing body weight too.
This fragrant beverage is most commonly made from the leaves of Camellia sinensis (a kind of evergreen shrub or small tree whose leaves and leaf buds are used in the production of tea) found in Asia.
Which kinds of weight loss teas are more effective?
There are many kinds of tea you can find in the market, it is said that there are over 1500 different types of tea in the world but, all are not effective. Certain kinds have been found to be more effective, these are not only the best teas for weight loss, but they are actually considered to be superfoods that improve your overall health and well-being, which are as under:
- Green tea – Green tea is one of the most famous types of tea, and drinking green tea is more beneficial for health. It reduces body fat and it is also one of the most effective tea for weight loss too.
Many types of research have already done over the green teas and found that it is one of the most helpful substances which works as weight loss tea. It is, therefore, possible because, green tea extract has a high amount of catechins, and antioxidants that may boost your metabolism and increase fat burning.
- Matcha green tea – It is used as green tea. It is made from Camellia Sinensis plants in a different way rather than others. Tea plants are kept covered normally one month for avoiding direct sunlight before harvesting, which increases in production of chlorophyll on it and boosts the amino acid content.
The stems and veins are removed, when it is successfully harvested and only its leaves are ground up into a fine powder called matcha. A greater amount of caffeine and antioxidants are found in matcha than other normal green tea. The presence of a greater amount of caffeine may help to speed up your metabolism to increase energy expenditure and boost fat burning.
- Black tea – There are several types of black tea in the market. However, the popular varieties are Earl Grey and English breakfast.
According to research, drinking three cups of black tea each day for three months significantly increased weight loss and waist circumference. Higher amounts of flavones are found in black tea which is helpful in weight loss.
- Oolong tea – It is a traditional Chinese tea. It has a unique flavor and fragrant nature. Oolong tea may help in speeding up your metabolism, improving fat burning, and enhancing weight loss. According to research, it is found that overweight or obese people drank oolong tea every day for six weeks, which may have helped reduce both their body fat and body weight.
- Puerh tea – It is a fermented tea and it is more like Chinese black tea. It is often drunk after a meal. Puerh tea may help in reducing blood sugar and blood triglycerides level as well as it may help in enhancing weight loss too.
- Herbal tea – Rooibos tea, ginger tea, rosehip tea, ginseng, lemongrass, nettle leaf, dandelion leaf/root, and hibiscus tea are famous herbal tea. They are completely different from traditional teas because herbal teas do not have caffeine and they are not produced from the leave of Camellia sinensis. Herbal teas may help in increasing your metabolism and boosting fat burning, resulted in weight loss.
- White tea – It is minimally processed tea. It has a very different flavor from other types of tea because it is produced in a different way than traditional teas. Actually, it is harvested while the tea plant is still young. Catechins are found in white tea, which may help in increasing weight loss. Moreover, according to research, white tea extract increases the breakdown of fat cells, which may control the accumulation of fat into your body.