Having “Weight loss coffee” is also an effective way of losing weight. Although several biologically active substances or stimulants such as Caffeine, Theobromine, Theophylline, Chlorogenic acid are found in coffee, the caffeine is the most important substance or stimulant which boosts your metabolism (the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy) and increase the rate of fat burning. Moreover, an increase in the rate of fat burning causes an increase in metabolism. If you have a high metabolic rate, it will be easy to lose weight and you can eat more without gaining extra weight. But, the effect on those people who are already obese is lesser in comparison to lean people. According to research, caffeine increases the rate of fat burning by as much as 29% in lean people, while the increased rate of fat burning was only about 10% in obese people. According to Healthline, caffeine increases resting metabolic rate (the number of calories burns at rest) also called RMR by 3%-11%. The higher the resting metabolic rate, the easier it is for you to lose weight.
In the long run, people become tolerant to the effects of caffeine. But even if coffee doesn’t make you spend more calories, in the long run, there is still a possibility that it reduces appetite and it helps you to eat less. If you eat less, there is no reason left to increase your weight.
How does weight loss coffee works?
If you want to reduce your weight as quickly as possible with the help of weight loss coffee, it may not give you satisfaction as much as you wish. Caffeine may help you reduce a bit of weight or even prevent weight gain, but it cannot help you reduce noticeable weight or keep it off permanently. However, everyone can reduce their weight by drinking coffee sensibly, combining it with a healthy diet, and practicing regimen.
- Mind the ideal amount of coffee – Coffee temporarily suppress your appetite and may stimulate minimal calorie burning. But intake of excessive coffee can increase stress level and insomnia. Just 1 or 2 cups of fully-caffeinated coffee per day is enough to lose your weight.
- Drink coffee before exercise – If you drink coffee before going out for exercise, it may help your body burn more calories and fat because, coffee may trigger thermogenesis (the production heat, especially in a human or animal body), which is a way the body makes heat and energy from digesting food and it helps to reduce extra calories.
- Drink coffee before meals – If you want to reap the most weight-loss benefits from drinking coffee, drink coffee 5 – 10 minutes before taking meals, due to this, you feel full stomach and it may also suppress food cravings.
- Drink half-caffeinated – You can prepare your own half-caffeinated coffee by mixing one-half cup of regular coffee with one-half cup of decaffeinated coffee. If decaffeinated coffee is not available you can prepare and drink it by mixing regular coffee and a half cup of hot water. It limits to have an excessive amount of caffeine as well as helps to meet the purpose of weight loss.
- Drink coffee with water – If you drink coffee and water together throughout the day it may help you stay fuller longer and avoid the temptation of eating. Coffee acts as a diuretic (any substance that tends to increase the flow of urine, which causes the body to get rid of excess water), which is dehydrating and stimulates you to work out faster.
How can we reap the benefits of weight loss coffee?
- Make a habit of the reading product label – Before buying something, it is necessary to mind the actual reason, why I am going to purchase and compare your needs with the labels on the products. Coffee can come in the market with unnecessary extra calories or fat and sugar, which can help in weight gain. Reading the labels of the coffee products you are going to purchase is helpful for staying away from such kind of coffee that may stop your ability to lose weight.
- Say goodbye to specialty coffee – Tasty specialty coffees in alluring flavors are mostly offered by many coffee shops, which are often more like desserts and they have hundreds of calories and added fat each. Therefore, stick to simple brewed coffee only to meet your aim of weight loss.
- Avoid cream and sugar – If you drink plain coffee, it has 2 calories per cup. If you add cream and sugar on it, you can guess yourself, how many calories are you going to add. Extra calories are the main cause of weight gain. Therefore, if you cannot drink plain coffee, use skims milk and sugar-free sweeteners instead.