Then the question is how to prepare and how much business capital is needed to open an independent minimarket? The following are the preparations that need to be made to open a home-based minimarket business:
- The first step that must be done is to determine the location of the business. Make sure the location of the minimarket is in the most strategic place. For example, close to the center of the crowd, in the vicinity of residential housing, on the edge of the highway that is crowded with motorized traffic, and so on. Determining the location of a business will greatly determine the success of a minimarket.
- Building a home minimarket building. Minimarket building which is in accordance with the standard is a minimum size of 6 meters for the front. Minimarket buildings are different from stalls or shops, where the front door is made of glass and aluminum sills. Then in the middle of the room, there should not be many concrete pillars. Then the interior or wall of the room is painted in white, while for lamp power it is certainly sufficient for lighting and fans as well as the use of computers, cash registers, air conditioners, and others.
- Preparing a minimarket shelf. The shelf functions to accommodate and display products that are sold neatly and attractively. You can directly buy it at a local store that sells minimarket shelves with various types and sizes.
- Next is to provide a stock of goods. The stock of goods is indeed needed so that minimarkets continue to sell products completely, and business turnover will run smoothly and profitably. To get a complete supply of goods at low prices, you must collaborate with several reliable suppliers with a payment system that is due.
- One thing that is no less important is to make your independent minimarket business legal before the law and not be disturbed by its presence. Then you have to take care of a minimarket business permit at the local Ministry of Trade.
Minimarket Business Capital Simulation
For those of you who plan to open a minimarket business independently, then please refer to the following required capital simulation carefully:
- Initial capital
- Procurement of place of business Rp150,000,000
- Purchase shelves, cabinets, storefront Rp. 7,000,000
- Purchase stag display cabinet IDR 3,000,000
- Procurement of computer, cash register, barcode scanner Rp.4,000,000
- Cashier counter, air conditioner IDR 6,000,000
- Procurement of goods Rp. 60,000,000
- Uniform purchase for employees (5 people) IDR 500,000
- A total of Rp.230,500,000
- Monthly operational costs
- Salary for employees (5 people) Rp 10,000,000
- Water, electricity and other bills Rp1,000,000
- Monthly procurement of IDR 30,000,000
- For promotional activities Rp. 2,000,000
- Total IDR 43,000,000
- Assumptions for Monthly Turnover @ IDR 3,000,000 x 30 days: IDR 90,000,000
- Assumed Monthly Profit of Rp. 90,000,000 – Rp. 43,000,000: Rp. 47,000,000
- Estimated Return on Time IDR 230,500,000: IDR 47,000,000: 4.9 months
- Based on the above simulation, if your business runs smoothly according to plan, capital is expected to return after 5 months of operation.