A healthy life is the state of complete physical, mental and social well-being of life is called a healthy life. A healthy life doesn’t mean only the absence of disease and physical as well as mental weaknesses, it is the overall well-being. Nobodies are unknown or everybody knows that eating a balanced diet, exercising and taking plenty of rest is key to maintaining a healthy life. However, that can seem to be quite a little bit impossible task due to today’s busiest life. They do not have enough time of choosing and shopping a balanced diet so, their first choice will be fast food which is easy and ready to eat. Fast foods do not need more time to prepare so, it saves more time. In today’s world, people often remain very busy on the internet. They want to spend their spare time in using the internet, they do not want to do exercise, they do not want to take plenty of rest, I have seen many times hanging the younger generation on the mobile, or on the computer game.
HOW CAN WE MANAGE OUR HEALTHY LIFE?
Here are four major tips for staying healthy which are helpful to gain human’s healthy life.
Do not skip meals – Skipping meals is the worst idea of dieting because it leads to out-of-control your appetite and it can cause in over-indulging. You have to add snacks between regular meals. If you can’t add snacks between meals, it is most necessary to have at least two balanced meals.
Eat a variety of foods – More than forty plus nutrients are necessary for human good health. These forty-plus nutrients cannot be fulfilled by eating one kind of food therefore, you have to eat many kinds of foods such as grains, cereals, meats, pulses, fruits, veggies, and dairy products.
Do not eliminate certain foods – Due to fear of high blood pressure, people do not want to take even one pinch of salt, due to fear of diabetes, people do not want to take the sugar that is a bad idea because, our bodies require diverse nutrition, therefore, do not try to eliminate salt and sugar from your diet. Skimmed or low-fat dairy milk can maintain a balanced diet.
Drink plenty of water – Water keeps your body hydrated, it helps in blood circulation, helps in removal of toxins from your body and helps in regulation of your body temperature. Having plenty of water is healthier instead of taking sugary beverages such as cokes, soda, etc.
Avoid too much caffeine – Caffeine can affect your sleep, it can affect the ability to focus, it can affect the functioning of muscles as well as in cleansing of waste products because caffeine is considered a mildly addictive drug.
There are various types of exercises, but five major types of exercises for a healthy life are as mentioned below:
- Flexibility exercise – Flexibility exercises are an excellent way to improve one’s posture and breathing. Flexibility is a foundation for all types of exercise because if you want to start any kind of physical exercise, your body should be flexible, therefore, flexibility exercise is very essential.
- Dynamic strength exercise – Dynamic strength exercise strengthens your muscles. This type of exercise uses resistance to work your muscles through a completed motion. Weightlifting, calisthenics, bench press, leg press, or sit-up are examples of dynamic strength exercises. It is known as an anaerobic exercise.
- Static strength exercise – Static strength exercise is called isometric exercise too. It helps you to maintain muscle strength. In this exercise, the length of the muscle does not change and there is no visible movement at the joint. This kind of exercise can be done holding dumbbell steady with your arm fully extended outward and pushing against an immovable object. Static strength exercise is also considered an anaerobic exercise.
- Aerobic exercise – Aerobic exercise makes you breathe harder and build your fitness up. It strengthens your cardiovascular system by increasing heartbeat rate and breathing. It is very beneficial to exercise and it improves your health. All of you can get the benefits of aerobic exercise from fast walking, jogging, running, stair steppers, elliptical and swimming.
- Circuit exercise – Circuit exercise is a combination of strength exercise and aerobic exercise. The aim of this exercise is to build strength and boost muscular endurance. Circuit exercise is the most useful for enhancing cardiovascular fitness and muscle endurance. There are different kinds of activities for different parts of the body in-circuit exercise. The exercises such as Push-ups, Bench dips, Back extensions, Medicine ball chest level pass, Bench lift, and Inclined press up, etc. are for the upper body.
The exercises like Sit-ups (lower abdominal), Stomach crunch (upper abdominal), and Back extension chest level raise etc. are for the core and trunk.
The exercises like Squat jumps, Compass jumps, Step ups, Shuttle run, and Bench squats etc. are for the lower body.
For the total body Burpees (full body strength training exercise, they burn a ton of calories), Treadmills (a device used for exercise, consisting of a continuous moving belt on which to walk or run), Squat thrusts (an excellent body weighted exercise that will develop power, stability), Skipping, and Jogging etc. are useful.
In this exercise all prescribed exercises in the program are done in a circuit, and on completion of one circuit, next circuit is begun with another prescribed exercises. It is essential to bear in mind that the time between exercises in circuit exercise is short, it is done typically with rapid movements to the next exercise.
If you do not want to do above exercises at least follow the following tips to gain healthy life:
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Get at least 30 minutes of activity every day.
- Try going for a walk or a jog.
- Do not stay at home watching TV, and playing mobile.
3. Take plenty of rest
- Keep yourself organized to reduce or avoid unnecessary stress.
- Get plenty of sleep, it is not a waste of time, it is as important as nutrition and exercise.
- Avoid sleeping pills, instead of it, develop a habit of reading and write.
- Allow at least 30 minutes of quiet relaxing activity before bed at night such as reading books, writing something.
- Make time every day, even if it is just 15 minutes, for relaxation or meditation.
- Follow the old saying of Ben Franklin “Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
4. Social health
The actual meaning of social health is your ability to form a meaningful relationships with other people and interact in positive as well as healthy ways. Get involved and connect to the people around you and meet people in a positive environment, adapt to different social situations, whether it is participating in a sports team or in joining a religious organization. The most important thing to remember is to find something you are interested in and enjoy yourself.