“Health is wealth” is a famous saying that indicates the importance of health to us. If we are not healthy (the state of physical, mental, and social well-being), wealth (abundance of financial assets such as money, or valuable possessions means nothing to us. If we are unhealthy, we have to spend most of our money only and only in treatment, we cannot enjoy our real life, and we will be obliged to spend miserable, and poverty-stricken life. Therefore, our health is real wealth, we should always try to be healthy. Moreover, good health is the feeling of not only physical, but is also mental and social well-being, which keeps us healthy in all aspects such as physically, mentally, socially, and intellectually. It provides us freedom from all kinds of diseases as well as sicknesses.
We are used to listening to the saying “Health is wealth” in our life. However, we usually ignore its real meaning. Everybody knows the literal meaning of health and wealth, but even a single person is also not ready to follow this important saying in his or her entire life. It is mandatory to bear in mind that no matter how wealthy you are, if you are not healthy, there is nothing you can put together in life. Therefore, it is clear that wealth is meaningless if we are not healthy.
In order to maintain good health we need to have balanced food for good nourishment, need to do physical exercises, need to take enough sleep and rest, need to maintain individual as well as surroundings cleanliness, need to have clean water and fresh air. But on the contrary, the lifestyle of the people is going to be changed in recent days, they do not have enough time to take nutritive food and they always depend on fast food, they do not have time to do physical exercises, they always remain busy. Because of changes in our lifestyle people around the globe are suffering from many kinds of illnesses, diseases such as high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, heart-related diseases, obesity, high uric acid, etc. day by day. Due to these reasons people around the earth are spending most of their money as well as their valuable time in treatment such kinds of diseases.
Although life in this world is very busy these days, there is no doubt, the saying “health is wealth” is a super fact. Nobody can challenge and change this fact at any cost. If somebody wants to be a wealthy-person he must be healthy. Therefore, we must follow the specific health tips to be healthy.
Some health tips are as follows:
1. Eat a healthy and balanced diet – A healthy diet is a diet that helps to maintain, or improves overall health. It provides essential nutrition to your body. Therefore, eat a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean cut meat, fish, poultry, low-fat dairy products, and fewer processed foods to be healthier.
2. Physical exercise – Physical exercise can help in improving one’s health and reducing the risk of developing several kinds of diseases such as heart-related diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, etc. Physical activity leads you to improve your quality of life. Therefore, you have to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Avoid risky habits – Smoking cigarette, as well as consumption of any kinds of drugs such as alcohol, cocaine, and hemp etc., is injurious to health, therefore stay from all those things which leads your body to chronic illnesses.
4. Manage stress – Mental health is important to your physical health. Therefore, it is mandatory to keep your mind stress-less. You can manage your stress with physical exercise, and meditation.
5. Regular medical check-up – You have to make regular medical check-up as your routine, it helps to prevent your life from unprecedented diseases, so that you can get early notification of any diseases which is going to attack your body in near future. If you get medical check-up regularly your body mass index (BMI), high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, dental problems, Sexually transmitted disease can be controlled in time.
6. Maintain your (Body Mass Index) BMI – Obesity is a medical condition in which a person carries an excess weight that obviously affects their health. The person having too much body fat, due to this if the BMI reaches 30 and above is called obese, and obese peoples are the houses of diseases.
BMI measures weight in relation to height. It indicates the existing ‘fatness’ in our body. Extra weight causes many kinds of diseases such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart-related diseases, and other chronic illnesses, etc. The higher the BMI, the greater the risk of developing several kinds of health problems.
A healthy weight is considered to be a BMI of 24 or less. Therefore, if you want to be healthy, always try to maintain your body mass index. It should be 24 or less.
7. Take proper rest – There are physiological reasons that every human body needs rest after exercise. Your muscles need rest so they can repair themselves and get stronger. Your muscles may break down, weaken your bones, and you lose fluids during a training session and it rebuilds, restores, and regains all those broken tissues, weaken bones, and lost fluids if proper rest is provided. Therefore, get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep because it provides relaxation in your mind and keeps you healthy. The human body is a machine, and as a machine, the human body also needs rest and sufficient amounts of sleep.