- Seek a “negotiated solution” to Turkish security concerns and the protection of all civilians, particularly local minority populations, which indicates the US-backed Kurdish fighters
- Maintain the US presence at the southern base, al-Tanf, at this time. The US will pursue the withdrawal of Iranian backed forces from Syria and a political solution in Syria.
- Withdraw its D-ISIS forces in northeast Syria “in a deliberate, orderly and strong manner.”
- “Defeat the remaining ISIS caliphate on the way out,” inflict damage on other ISIS targets throughout the withdrawal period and “maintain whatever capability is necessary for operations needed to prevent ISIS resurgence.”
- Cooperate with Turkey and other members of the anti-ISIS coalition to continue operations against the terrorist group and de-conflict the airspace over northeast Syria.
- Oppose any mistreatment of opposition forces who fought with the US against ISIS.
- Oppose the release of ISIS foreign terrorists held by the Syrian opposition forces, which the US says is unacceptable, and make it a top priority to pursue “an appropriate disposition of those prisoners.”